Pages

Friday, September 9, 2016

Wonder Butter™ Beginnings - Part 1

The construction of our new Bath and Body kitchen is coming along nicely. In projects like this, though, something always comes along to slow things down, but we are still progressing and I can hardly wait for it to be finished! I look forward to getting all of my great Wonder Butter™products back on the shelves and in our online stores.

While we are constructing our new kitchen, I am going to take the opportunity to tell the story of the beginning of  Wonder Butter™ . . . . .  why I created this wonderful, natural skin loving butter and how Wonder Butter™ grew into an entire, very large, product line. Here we go . . . . .



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
It was early in the year of 2003. After more than 20 years of marriage, I had just gone through a very long, extremely emotional, super high stress, exhausting beyond words divorce. The emotional strain, extreme lack of sleep, and off the charts stress took a huge tole on my skin. People tend to forget that our skin is our largest organ and all of these factors have a huge effect on it. We really should be much kinder to our skin throughout all of our life, not wait until we start seeing the tell tale signs.

I began noticing that small lines were starting to form at the outer corners of my eyes, across my cheeks, forehead, and here and there all around my face. I also noticed that my skin on my face had become very course and rough. This horrified me! I was barely 40, starting life over as a single mom, and I suddenly felt like I looked like an old lady!  So what did I do?

The next time I was in town running errands, I purchased my first jar of . . . . anti-wrinkle cream! I could hardly wait to get home with that new little jar of  "magic". Once home, I sat right down with my new skin cream that I had high hopes for, carefully read the instructions, eagerly opened the jar and applied it all over my face, exactly as the instructions stated. I was excited and had such high expectations for that little jar of skin cream.



In just a matter of minutes my face began to feel strange . . . . . . then my face began to burn . . . . the burning grew and grew . . . . . then hard pain set into my face. I ran to look in the mirror and my face was so red and swollen it looked like it would begin bleeding at any moment! Did I apply it incorrectly? What did I do wrong?

I read everything on the jar again, over and over and over ..... no, I had done everything correctly. Over the next week, I tried that anti-wrinkle cream a couple of more times, each time getting the same, horrific results, except that it was worse each and every time. I started to research to see what the problem might be. Everything I came up with seemed to suggest that the reaction I was getting was fairly common among anti-wrinkle creams. COMMON?!?!?!? No way! That just couldn't be right. Turned out, as I understood from my research, that many of the commercial anti-wrinkle creams on the market work by sloughing off, burning off, etc, the old, the damaged and the dead skin cells on your skin/face to get down to the fresh, new skin underneath. Oh, my . . . . there just had to be a better way. And so, my journey to find that better way began.

Stay tuned for "Part 2" of Wonder Butter™ Beginnings 

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...