Pages

Friday, November 18, 2016

Wonder Butter™ Beginnings - Part 6 Occupying Wait Time

As I said in Part 5 of Wonder Butter™ Beginnings, often times, we had long wait times (sometimes hours) for a computer with Internet so that I could get online to do my needed research to create my dream skin cream. When the wait times were short, it was actually a plus. That short wait time gave me just the right amount of time to get my two home schoolers started on their school work before I got online. Short wait times worked out very well, but we creatively made good use of our long wait times also.

First of all, there were several tables in the computer lab, surrounded by chairs. These tables and chairs were for people to sit at while they waited for their turn at a computer. You could grab a book and read while you waited (the non-fiction books were just to the left of the computer lab) or you could work one of the many, fun puzzles that were sitting in the middle of each table. Most of the time, I got the kids started on their school work, then grabbed a skin care type book off of the shelf and studied also, while I waited for my computer turn. But every now and then, we opted to let the studies go for an hour or so and have some quality time working a puzzle together!

No, I wasn't letting my kids skip out on their school time to play. Working puzzles are a great mind building tool (not to mention a great bonding activity as well, for my adopted kids and I) and I don't know about you, but all through my school years, I have worked many a puzzle while at school, so I felt no guilt about letting them take a bit of occasional time off from their studies to work a puzzle. Working those puzzles was so much fun, that the wait time for a computer passed quickly and the kids were in a better mood as they got back to task on their school work.

Other times, we spent our long wait times searching for books to check out to take home. My research into skin care and skin cream development didn't stop with just the little bit of online computer time I could get at the library. I also checked out countless books and took them home, where I spent countless hours every day reading, taking notes and studying in anticipation of creating a natural skin cream for my own skin needs. We also searched for, and checked out, great books for the kids' home school studies, as well as fun books that I could read them bedtime stories from. Little Brother wasn't always so enthused about our book searching adventures, so Sister, at times, kept very busy trying to keep little brother quiet and still (it was a library, remember) while I looked for our needed books. She was such a great help!

So you see, we never wasted a moment of our "wait time", be it long or short, when a computer wasn't immediately available upon our arrival at the library.

Stay Tuned for Part 7 of Wonder Butter™ Beginnings! Thank you for reading and have a FANTASTIC day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...